Newtown Pride Soccer Team Dedicates 2013 Season
To The People Of Newtown, CT
Newtown Pride vs. Real Boston Rams SC, Soccer Game
Sunday, May 5th
The Newtown Parent Connection, Inc. (NPC), a non-profit organization serving the community of Sandy Hook / Newtown, CT since 1993, collaborates with the town’s own premier soccer team, Newtown Pride, in a fundraising initiative.
The mission of the Newtown Parent Connection is to educate and empower the community in the prevention of substance abuse and to embrace families in crisis. NPC recognizes now, more than ever, the need to embrace all families, especially those impacted by the traumatic events of December 14, 2012. The organization has expanded its vision to build and finance a permanent wellness, prevention and recovery support infrastructure for young people and families in the Newtown community.
- The research tell us that those who have been exposed to traumatic events such as 12-14, are at higher risk for adverse behavior, depression, mental illness, and substance abuse problems as time passes. *
Newtown has always been enthusiastic about the sport of soccer! Its teams have enjoyed great success, winning state championships and producing remarkable athletes who have gone on to play professionally. Soccer brings young people and families together. As we heal from the 12-14 tragedy, soccer can be a driving force that will help bond our community.
Newtown Pride soccer offers to help NPC raise funds to support their new endeavor.
- Newtown Pride will play a series of exhibition games against professional and semi-professional teams.
- Their first event will be held on May 5th – Newtown Pride vs. Real Boston Rams SC, an affiliate club of the New England Revolution.
- “May 5th Soccer Benefit Day” will also include a Newtown High School alumni game featuring John Ball, a Newtown graduate and professional player. Prosto SC from the Connecticut Soccer League vs. CFC Azul from the Player Development League will compete.
- Activities start at 2PM with NHS alumni game, Prosto SC at 4:00PM and the featured Newtown Pride at 6:00PM. All games will be played on the Newtown High School stadium field.
- Admission is FREE, but tax-deductible donations made to Newtown Parent Connection, Inc. are welcome.
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase.
This promises to be an exciting day of competitive soccer. The Newtown Pride is a premier team playing against seasoned professionals, but win or lose; we will all be rooting for Newtown Parent Connection to succeed in their goals.